Also, for me 'surveillance' conotes a security related camera.
I fear that if the actual definition is extended to the so called webcam, this
connotation will prevent the use of it to webcams.
A simple scheme like webcam=weather/yes/..., url= would be so simple !

For the need for the tag, given the number of websites listing webcams for snow
conditions, I suspect that these mapped webcams would find a lot of use.
Yves