Am 06.12.2013 13:26, schrieb Matthijs Melissen:
> I agree with Martin. Also the fact that an object (parking, garden,
> swimming pool) is private is in itself useful information for the general
> public. You might for example see a parking or garden on aerial imagery,
> and wonder if it's possible to go there.

Well... I guess that at least at Germany private pools and those which
are open to the public are distinct from each other. To operate
something public you might fit to other rules. On your private property
you might not be forced to control the quality of the water for example.
But this is more a guess.

> Related question: if someone decides to pave their backyard, is it still a
> garden?

Well, I would say a stone garden without plants is probably still a
garden. But an area made of concrete is still a (small) yard or else. If
it's too strange it should be tagged as artwork maybe.

But by definition it seems that the aspect of existing plants is important.