> 1.       There are no absolute rules as to when it is approved/rejected
> (and I can understand that)

there are for voting: we require at least 15 votes and a majority of "yes"
votes. Of course a won voting doesn't make your tag "approved" or used by
the community.

> 2.       For some reason it seems that the ones that make the proposal
> can not vote. This is a barrier to team up with others because you then
> loose votes.

where do you get this from? First time I hear this.

Don't know exacly where I heard that but as Pieren said if the proposal is
good enough you  don't need the votes of the authors. What a shame because
then it would have been a majority (by 1 vote and not counting the
abstains)   but still not approved  ;-)

Anyway : We'll work on a better proposal but it may take some time.
Patience is a vitrue ;-)

Cheers PeeWee32

2013/12/15 Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdre...@gmail.com>

> 2013/12/15 Pee Wee <piewi...@gmail.com>
>>
>> 1.       There are no absolute rules as to when it is approved/rejected
>> (and I can understand that)
>>

> there are for voting: we require at least 15 votes and a majority of "yes"
> votes. Of course a won voting doesn't make your tag "approved" or used by
> the community.
>

>> 2.       For some reason it seems that the ones that make the proposal
>> can not vote. This is a barrier to team up with others because you then
>> loose votes.
>>

> where do you get this from? First time I hear this.
>

>> 3.       Only if you have a wiki account you can vote.
>>

> yes, but they are cheap and fast to get.
>

>> 4.       You can vote no without having given any objections to the
>> proposal before voting.
>>

> yes,  but where is the problem? Of course it is desirable to participate
> as early as possible in the process, but in the end we all have also other
> things to do, so sometimes you only get to read the details of a certain
> proposal when it is already in the voting phase.
>

> 5.       You can always vote no just for an irrelevant reason. (and that
>> is subjective, I know)
>>

> yes, but you shouldn't ;-)
>

>> 6.       There are more then 1 million mappers and only a few vote (24
>> in this case).
>>

> as Pieren stated, there are less then 1M mappers, currently IIRR something
> like 300.000 (with at least 1 edit), but most of them aren't very involved
> and have only done few edits (less than 10). You won't want those people
> with typically few dedication to and few experience with OSM to vote on
> tags (IMHO).
>
> cheers,
> Martin

Verbeter de wereld. Word mapper voor