Why we have aerialway=platter or T-bars? Maybe the same reason we have
building=house, building=residential, building=garage, building=industrial,
etc. when we could just tag them all building=yes. They are different forms of
a drag lift and the difference has significance to many people.

If you do not know or care about the difference, then tag them
aerialway=drag_lift (the generic) but please don't change the existing ones
that state exactly what they are. Others do care.

-Tod