On Fri, Mar 07, 2014 at 12:38:14AM -0800, Bryce Nesbitt wrote:
> Just saying:
>
> Tradition among both cavers and hot springs bathing enthusiasts is to
> keep quiet about locations,
> passing the word though caving societies and word of mouth.  Why?
> Because caves and hot springs
> that become well known get trashed, crowded, muggled, and/or shut down
> due to the above.

yes, quite often am I wondering whether I should add a particular little
known gem to OSM for this exact reason.
For the foreseeable future I don't think OSM is likely to be a major factor
trashing them, other media are quicker spreading the news and lists of POIs.
With an OSM map, I don't want to be the last one knowing;)

Richard