I'm thinking about transfering my proposal "drinkable" to a new
proposal "drinking_water". The proposed values can be the same.

This means migration of "drinkable=yes/no" to "drinking_water=yes/no".
The new tagging-scheme use one tag for standalone features that can
provide drinking water and to indicate whether water is drinkable for
humans. It don't include a legal relevance.

Then "drinkable=" will be deprecated.

Up to now there is no approval and no wiki-page about "drinkable". So
we mustn't change a definition-page in the wiki. All changes refers to
elements that already contains a hint to "drinkable=".

Up to now there is no approval about "drinking_water". We mustn't
change an approved definition.

I don't prefer "potable", because it is not in common use in OSM.

What do you think? Going on with the existing scheme or making a new
one?

Rudolf