Yes, thanks Martin, I forgot to "Reply to All"

I'm glad to hear your explanation. What was possibly meant was "a place to
have fire" and not our American formal "fireplace". The cabins I'm familiar
with have a small wood stove, which is a metal box with a tight fitting
door and air vents to control burning rate. Many Alaskan family homes have
these too, especially if situated near a decent supply of fire wood.

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 8:36 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdre...@gmail.com

--
Dave Swarthout
Homer, Alaska