On Tue, 22 Apr 2014 17:58:35 André Pirard wrote:
> The Osmand's (or its renderer's) bug looks much like this.
> To say it more precisely than "it looks bad", It uses dotted lines for
> -1, -2 and probably below. There is no reason why.
> It should be corrected and not be worked around by changing all levels
> all over OSM (and discovering that doing so raises another bug in Osmxor).

I don't understand.  You say that we should "correct the bug in Osmand", and
changing the layers is "working around the bug".  Even if Osmand is "fixed",
tagging layer=-1 on a river is wrong.

The thing that must be corrected is the incorrect use of layer tags!  If this
raises errors in Osmxor, which I have never heard of, by the way, then Osmxor
should be changed, perhaps to a warning, not an error (or bug, or whatever it
does).

Best wishes,

Andrew