Hi,
I don't see justification to edit it widely in the wiki without prior
discussion, but I oppose your interpretation of this conflicting with
the "one feature, one osm element" principle.

In fact a shop is a different entity than a building.
A shop can move to another building while staying the same shop. A shop
can close and therefore vanish without the building to vanish, and a new
shop, cafe, restaurant or whatever; entirely independent from the old
shop can open in the same building later.

The building is still the same, the old one. The shop didn't change,
it's a different shop now.

On top of that a building may have offices on the first floor
additionally to the shop in the basement, or even flats or appartments -
which are possible to map as well.

Therefore yes, I see a justification for that way of tagging; but I
don't see any justification to change the wiki without broad discussion
about it.

regards
Peter