Hi Dave,

Not really an issue for the "tagging" mailing list - I don't think the
people who maintain the style are on here. If you're talking about the
main osm.org style then it's "openstreetmap-carto", maintained here:
https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/
If you believe there's an issue then you can file an Issue on that
site. But the style is not really managed by community consensus
(praise be, since design-by-committee would make it even uglier than
it is ;) so don't expect a mass of discussion before every change.

Best
Dan