On 24 July 2014 00:10, Dave F. <dave...@madasafish.com> wrote:
> Thanks for pointing that out to me. As I said, I personally had no problem
> with 'NR' but I'd be OK with it's removal is there was some king of infill.
> ATM there is none & it looks virtually invisible.

I'm not sure if this is in the right place, but I've previously added
some comments to the commit that implemented the changes:
https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/commit/3e5cbea1413ef2fea0d43bffee51c39d940a4c6d

In short -- I think we need an area-based rendering to make these
visible. But at higher zooms, a shading probably won't work very well
over other landuse colours, so a repeating glyph is probably the best
approach. "NR" probably isn't the best thing to use for an
international audience, but I'm sure someone could come up with a
pictographic symbol instead.

Robert.

--
Robert Whittaker