From: Mateusz Konieczny [mailto:matkoni...@gmail.com]
Sent: Samstag, 1. November 2014 22:34
To: Tag discussion, strategy and related tools
Subject: Re: [Tagging] sub key for cycle ways

"2. the cases where the bike lane is in the middle of the road is limited" -
bicycle lane in
the middle is standard before advanced stop line (to be on the left side of
right-turn) -

at least in Poland

"3. “cycleway=track” would look funny using that scheme" - cycleway=track is
anyway

not compatible with detailed tagging

Sure, but I think it is best to do that in addition and not instead of
“cycleway=*“ tagging. For one it takes more effort, 2. the cases where the bike
lane is in the middle of the road is limited. (not counting parking lanes). 3.
“cycleway=track” would look funny using that scheme. Also adding more data
about the lane is imo easier with a namespace based tagging scheme of
“cycleway:*=*.

On Sa, Nov 1, 2014 at 3:30 AM, Paul Johnson < <mailto:ba...@ursamundi.org>