I don't think the drinkable quality of water should be the prime criteria
to tag water sources (or a reason to use amenity=*)
A fountain will striclty have the same external and internal design either
the water is drinkable or not.

This data should be introduced with a tag drinkable=yes/no or any other
values giving information about the drinkable quality of water for humans.

I agree with the approach of Althio on man_made.

*François Lacombe*

fl dot infosreseaux At gmail dot com
www.infos-reseaux.com
@InfosReseaux <http://www.twitter.com/InfosReseaux>