On 22/02/2015 10:27 AM, John Willis wrote:

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 22, 2015, at 3:30 AM, John F. Eldredge <j...@jfeldredge.com <mailto:j...@jfeldredge.com>> wrote:

If the use of the vehicle storage is limited to certain people, such as residents of a particular neighborhood, use access tags as well. It then becomes the responsibility of the renderer to check these tags.

Personally, it is confusing as all hell that some businesses that offer services for money are amenities and some are shops. I know the implication of shop is for sales of goods, but a restaurant sells food, and it is an amenity. A bench is also an amenity.

It is so baffling and counterintuitive to me. A shop sells things. A business does things. An amenity sits there, waiting for you to use it (like a bench), as an amenity *of the place* (a bench in front of the restaurant) - but the restaurant is an amenity too? But the bookstore isn't? It's shop=* ??

there is no business=* tag like shop=*

And amenity is doing double duty.

I wish that wasn't the case.

Me too. restaurant, fast_food, pub, restaurant, ice_cream*, *beer garden, cafe and bar for example should be shop= not amenity .. for my thinking.

shop=storage to me means a shop that sells bags, boxes .. stuff to store things in ... not the space to store stuff in.

so shop=vehicle_storage would be better if it is to be shop=.