> On Mar 17, 2015, at 4:55 PM, Paul Johnson <ba...@ursamundi.org> wrote:

> That said, I wonder what Andy's opposition to rendering the colour tag on the
> Transport layer is...

Yes - there is a big difference between allowing different colored style sheets
in each country and making OSM/carto devise a way to handle the color tag for
railways and certain roads (maybe part of the line or casing is colored or
something) and handling regional iconography for common places.

This would be beneficial to all countries, especially of we want the maps to be
used by the people who live there - we already argue that the local language
should be used, even in places like Japan where almost all signs on the road
[several million local road  signs] are in both English and Japanese, so why
shouldn't we use the iconography and basic color choices for major
transportation features either? Isn't that the "local language" of the map?

We handle languages, iconography and way color should be the same.

Javbw.