It's interesting that you brought that up because most fuel stations in the
United States actually use vending machines as well. AFAIK, the only state
in the United States that still requires an attendant to pump your gas is
Oregon. In a way, even though the fuel shops I'm dealing with in Thailand
are much smaller, having only 1 or 2 pumps and no parking pad or other
amenities, the majority of the large name-brand stations in the U.S. could
really use the same tags. They're all automated, accept credit cards, open
24/7, etc. I would of course, add brand, operator, and other descriptive
tags but essentially they are the same thing.

Dave

--
Dave Swarthout
Homer, Alaska