I have fleshed out the camp_site proposal page a bit.
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Camp_Site

And added some text in the discussion page identifying the three
decisions that need to be made before the proposal proceeds -

1 -Is this the right model ?
By model, I mean the idea we can divide up all camp sites into between
four and six categories, separated by a small set of facilities.

2. Assuming yes, what are the category names and what facilities are the
key ones, the ones that define the category ?

3. How to tag the other information that needs be associated with a well
documented camp_site ??

I don't necessarily think that this proposal need to define 3) but it
sure would help the mapper if it did. I'm quite happy to make that bit a
vague suggestion or list of optional approaches but would rather get a
consensus.

Seen a lot of complains about how renderers won't to this and that but
they would say we don't have our act together in this respect !

David