                <tagging@openstreetmap.org
<mailto:tagging@openstreetmap.org> >

<mailto:c0cdf3a2-52d6-4dfb-add8-5b4a7f937...@fitchdesign.com> >

> Reading about a refugee situation the other day I realized that "camp" can
mean quite different things in different contexts. So I'd be a bit leery
about going from a fairly specific term to a more general one, even if I
doubt that a refugee camp would be tagged under leisure.

Agreed.  Since there are different types of "leisure" camps, what about a
combination of keys, such as

                leisure=camp

                camp:type=_________

Some possible values could be camping, sports, religious, etc.

> Perhaps, to be more general and allow for all year expectations,
leisure=resort_camp could be used. Only 79 uses of leisure=summer_camp so
far so it should not be to hard to update things if a new consensus is
achieved.

> Looks like their might be a desire for something along the line of
leisure=sports_camp as I see campo_sportivo and campo_baseball also tagged
under leisure.

<mailto:ethnicfoodisgr...@gmail.com> > wrote:

>> Greetings.

>> In the wiki under the leisure key group there is a value called
"summer_camp."  I would like to propose that the value be changed to simply
"camp."  Many of these camps operate year round.  Also, the description
refers to children and adolescents, but some of these camps also cater to
adults.