ael wrote on 2015-05-09 20:30:
I suppose what "trade prices" means will vary in different countries.
In the EU, I think that will mean VAT-exclusive prices, ...

just for the records, that is not possible, a business cannot sell
without VAT to a domestic customer, regardless whether it is a
B2B or B2C trade.

The purchasing business can, however, claim the VAT back from Revenue,
typically by deducting from VAT it gets paid from its own customers,
thus the "value added" principle in VAT (Value Added Tax).

Only when between different EU countries goods can be delivered
without VAT, and the transaction including both VAT numbers must
be reported to a specific revenue registry.

tom