> s'. I know the literal translation is residents,  but a delivery driver or
> a friend visiting would be allowed to drive there.
> I would use access = destination in these cases.

in Italy there are cases where "destination" doesn't hit it, because you
are only exempted from the restriction if you have applied for a resident's
permit (typically including the payment of an annual fee), there might be
exceptions for delivery, but not for friends or family (the permit is for
the car / number plate, not the people).

Cheers,
Martin