> On May 24, 2015, at 2:07 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdre...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Am 24.05.2015 um 06:18 schrieb Dave Swarthout <daveswarth...@gmail.com>:
>>
>> @Martin, I think the two words connected with a colon is the best choice.
>> It's already in use: socket:USB=*
>

> there're different types of USB sockets so I'd be more specific here

All the ones I’ve seen are the full size socket, it is the device end that
seems to vary a lot though it seems many portable devices are now equipped with
microUSB sockets.

But, like the case with Apple devices, that is not an issue as the user’s USB
cord will have the full sized USB plug on one end and the device plug on the
other. I don’t think the USB wall socket form factor is an issue (though it
might be in the future).

However they do come with different power/ampere capacities with ones intended
for charging phones putting out between 1 and 1.5 amps while ones intended for
charging tablets and larger devices putting out 2 or more amps. It might make a
difference to me if I had a tablet to know what the ampere rating was.

Cheers,
Tod