The idea is to get this rendered on the map.

My opt is for amenity=power_socket which is what people will be looking
for. It will be impossible to have a different symbol to indicate every
different type of outlet in the world.

Then the next thing they will need to know is the type of socket so type=*
(example ... plug_UK ; plug_EU ; USB123 ; USB_C)
And it can continue on from there.

The tag 'amenity' automatically indicates it is for public use and so
should not be used to tag every private domestic plug in a home.