On 21/06/15 15:44, Kotya Karapetyan wrote:
It's really a pity if the proposal will be rejected. Its need is clear, even though the exact wording may not be perfect. But do we need to have a /perfect/ proposal before we can get anything? I would suggest to those who oppose it to accept it and then propose a modification. Otherwise we'll stay where we are forever. No proposal can be perfect.
Your comments implies that you think voting is an important process to 'allow' a tag to be used. Voting is a pointless, broken process that means absolutely nothing. We are free to use any tag we like, so voting cannot veto anyone's use of a tag. Voting means nothing because there are no approved or official tags in OSM, so a tag cannot be rejected by voting either.

Discuss tags to get a sensible scheme and document the outcome of the discussion, but also use a proposed tagging scheme to ensure it makes sense in the real world.

Voting certainly does not mean that a tag will be adopted by anyone, it does not mean that editors will support it and it doesn't mean that the tag will get rendered on anyone's map.

--
Cheers, Chris
user: chillly