On Wed, Aug 05, 2015 at 06:20:50AM -0700, geow wrote:
> geow
> dieterdreist wrote
> > sent from a phone
> >
> > Am 05.08.2015 um 12:03 schrieb Richard <
>
> > ricoz.osm@
>
> > >:
> >
> >> In 2008 highway=path
> >> was approved saying
> >>   "The default access restriction of highway=path is open
> >>    to all non-motorized vehicles, but emergency vehicles are allowed. "
> >> Some years later, Feb 15 2015 the page was changed without vote and
> >> discussion
> >> to claim that :
> >>   "The default access restrictions of paths varies from country, see
> >>    OSM_tags_for_routing/Access-Restrictions"
> >
> > should be reverted. If I had my way we'd remove all conflicting country
> > specific docu from the wiki in one go ;-)
> >
> > cheers
> > Martin
>
> The essential path attribute "open to all non-motorized vehicles" is
> untouched by my edit to the wiki and emergency vehicles are allowed anyway
> and anywhere if applicable.

the page you linked to says otherwise. The result is same as if you had
written the wrong information yourself.

> Actually from country to country this rule is *restricted or extended* for
> other means of transportation. I'm well aware that Austria bans bicycles
> from paths and even tracks (!) in forestry lands by default if not otherwise
> permitted or signposted. In other parts of the world i.e. in Nepal
> motorcycles are used and allowed on paths between mountain villages. Legal
> access restrictions should always be tagged properly on the individual way.

there might be space for additional specifications that do not contradict
the approved proposal but not anything that contradicts 7 years of approved
tagging.
The bicycles are the problem here and the talkpage of
"OSM_tags_for_routing/Access-Restrictions"
list other problems.

Richard