On 26/08/2015 13:44, Dave F. wrote:
On 25/08/2015 23:20, Paul Norman wrote:
On 8/24/2015 3:35 PM, Andy Townsend wrote:
That's not so bad in lua, but imagine writing "... and not disused=yes" into every cartocss rule!

Fortunately, we will not have to do that in OpenStreetMap Carto, as we will not be supporting the style of tagging where one tag says what something is, then another tag saying it's not really that, but used to be, or will be. We do not want to encourage the use of disused=yes, abandoned=yes, or similar tags.

Sub tags give *extra* data about an entity.

A pub that's closed down it's still recognisable as a pub.

Not by someone who wants a beer, it can't!