On 8/26/15 8:55 AM, Andy Townsend wrote:
> On 26/08/2015 13:44, Dave F. wrote:
>>>
>>> Fortunately, we will not have to do that in OpenStreetMap Carto, as
>>> we will not be supporting the style of tagging where one tag says
>>> what something is, then another tag saying it's not really that, but
>>> used to be, or will be. We do not want to encourage the use of
>>> disused=yes, abandoned=yes, or similar tags.
>>
>> Sub tags give *extra* data about an entity.
>>
>> A pub that's closed down it's still recognisable as a pub.
>
> Not by someone who wants a beer, it can't!
we have a disused namespace for this sort of thing. it relieves the carto
developers of having to check disused=yes; the data is in the db but
it doesn't mess with the default rendering.

if people want to render disused pubs, the data is there and they can
use it. of course if the pub is torn down then it should move to OHM
if it's of genuine historic significance.

richard

--
rwe...@averillpark.net
 OpenStreetMap - PostgreSQL - Linux