On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 02:15:56PM +0200, Anders Fougner wrote:
> Hi,
> as probably most of you are aware of, common access tags such as
> foot=*, bicycle=* etc. are every often misunderstood by the people
> contributing to OSM. The problem is that people, unless they have
> read the wiki, believe that these tags define whether it is
> _possible_ to walk or cycle along a path, instead of the actual
> meaning (whether it is permitted).

Its a communication Problem. When i put a foot=no/bicycle=no on a way
i typically put a note there telling why. Sometimes even with a link
to a mapillary image showing the sign.

I have opened a lot of notes about foot/bicycle/access/hgv/psv=no
because often these are wrong and set just be the "feeling" of the
mapper.

There is no solution than communication on a local level.

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff                                                 f...@zz.de
     We need to self-defense - GnuPG/PGP enable your email today!