Because a guest house with a bar is different from a pub with rooms. At least in Britain only residents would be allowed to buy drinks at a guest house bar.

As an aside, there may be a problem here with br-en "guest house" and "Gasthof", the latter being better translated as br-en "inn". I would generally regard Pensionen as more akin to the British guest house.

The issue is far commoner in rural Spain where many bars & restaurants will have a sign "Habitaciones" outside. These will usually be decent en suite facilities on the floor above the restaurant/bar, comprising 2-3 rooms. There is often a separate door largely to allow access when the main facility is closed. These are very much ancillary features of the bar/restaurant to the extent that an overnight stay is sold from the till exactly like a beer (and either has to be payed for in advance or a passport/id card left until one has payed). These fit the accomodation=yes tagging very well. Some high-end restaurants in the UK may have a limited number of rooms too, such as Sat Bains http://www.restaurantsatbains.com/, usually rooms are available only for customers of the restaurant.

Larger places in Spain usually called Hostales are often also run from a bar, but will have many more rooms, distinct entrance/foyer areas and will be distinctly signed as such externally. I map these as tourism=hotel.

Jerry