Javbw
On Oct 8, 2015, at 4:40 AM, Friedrich Volkmann <b...@volki.at> wrote:

>> Similar to shop=craft.
>
> Do you know what hobby this is about? Almost everything can be a hobby.

I belive it is about some form of scale model building or small scale electric
things (trains rc cars, planes). Many of the hobby shops I know in the US cater
to the Plastic model / train / RC enthusiasts.

Craft stores are usually that place between art and hobby - scrapbooking, silk
flowers, beads, papercraft, with a smattering of hobbyist stuff (a model car or
two for kids and a little framing.

Fabric shops still focus on cloth and other sewing or clothcraft, but also
beading and scrapbooking - but their focus is "fabric"

I wouldn't go to the hobby shop for stickers, the fabric shop for silk flowers,
or the craft store for model kits, though they can be found at all three. They
each have their focus.

In Japan, there are several "plastic model kit" stores just in my tiny town
here in Japan (they are insanely popular) - so even a value of plastic model
kit store is appropriate. They are Jammed floor to ceiling with model kits,
some with archways and tunnels made of model kit boxes to be sold (more of a
cave than a shop, fire code be damned).

Shop=hobby
Hobby=plastic_model
Hobby:ja=プラモデル

This is where a subkey of craft=* or hobby=* would be useful (i think craft=*
exists?) for detailing both large shops that have everything

Shop=doityourself

and a specific shop that focuses on one aspect.

Shop=doityourself
Doitfourself=fixtures

Shop=Building_materials
Building_materials=tile