Javbw

> On Oct 16, 2015, at 3:31 PM, Georg Feddern <o...@bavarianmallet.de> wrote:
>

> Ever worked/trained with horses?
>
> What is the key definition for sport?
> Concentration? Reactions? Best moves? Power?
>
> Is a carrière
> - sport_practice when there is just training
> but
> - sport when there is a competion?

We were talking not about what sport=* would be, but how to tag a practice
pitch /facility that does not replicate the entire sport's regimen:

Batting cages, driving ranges, pitching cages, and other facilities that help a
person (or animal) prepare for the true sport. Currently each item is defined
in each sport's subkey - not with a generic leisure=* or pitch=* subkey on
which sport=* is appended to.

With a sport like baseball, it is easy to separate batting cages or pitching
mounds from a true baseball diamond - but most horse breeding facilities have a
small oval for practicing running the horse. It doesn't feel right to say it is
a track - as no race, even a private race - will take place there. It is for
the horse to practice turing left over and over, to learn to be comfortable
with the rail. I assume dressage is the same.

I put pitch+equestrian on the oval.

Similar facilities that replicate certain aspects of a sport without the aspect
of competition might want to be tagged as such, so not only is the facility
properly tagged, but not confused with or rendered as a proper facility for the
sport (a racetrack for horses, a country club for golf, etc).

Tennis serving machines sit next to tennis courts in special cages, none will
used for a game - just practice.

Javbw.