Hi all,

I've contacted a few mappers and it seems that there is a need
to keep some of the ways for the reason described by Mateusz below.

Now, as so many before, I try to find a good tag to express this.
Using a line with only a note tag is no good idea as QA tools
will not like them. IMHO the only already used tag which looks acceptable
for this is
highway=none
in combination with a note saying why the way is no highway
maybe combined with an explicit tag
mapping_error=yes

Does that make sense?

Gerd