> On Nov 3, 2015, at 7:38 AM, Joan <aseq...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The tag has already been used a few times (there was four tags in different
> places of the world) see it here
> https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/office=power_utility#overview
> <https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/office=power_utility#overview>,
> Its counterpart, the water_utility has 35 ocurrences in the map
> https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/office=water_utility#overview
> <https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/office=water_utility#overview>

> This is a proposal for tagging power utility offices,

I wanted a landuse=civic (or similar) to go with building=civic - and have a
civic=* subkey to define all the various governmental and civic offices.
(townhalls, community centeres, tax offices, water district offices, etc.

I would like to actually have something more umbrellaish than doing these one
office at a time and coming up and doing voting for each one. we need each one,
so lets make a subkey and define them all. the different utilitiy offices
(which are usually state run, or state sanctioned monopolies for basic
services) can easily be added.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/landuse%3Dcivic

Javbw