> On Nov 4, 2015, at 5:27 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdre...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> there's a difference: flowerbed is the place inside which the flowers are
> put, tree is the plant itself

I think you are thinking of a flower box.

googling flowerbed leads to a small area of ground where flowers are planted -
a patch of ground, but not an object.
http://www.gardeningknowhow.com/special/starting/how-to-build-a-flower-bed-starting-a-flower-bed-from-scratch.htm

<http://www.gardeningknowhow.com/special/starting/how-to-build-a-flower-bed-starting-a-flower-bed-from-scratch.htm>

A flower box is usually small and (IMO) unmappable. they are usually either
part of a building’s decoration (suspended on the building itself)  or small
plastic/wood things that are placed on the ground and are very portable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Humboldt_Park_flower_box_and_park.jpg
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hufWPw-xwo0>

Planter boxes are (semi) permanent and (IMO) are maapable, especially when used
as bollards or barriers. they might have hedges or trees in them as well.

I think these are a common sight in many countries (either portalble or built
into the sidewalk/landscaping).

http://www.stonewear.com/products/barriers/
<http://www.stonewear.com/products/barriers/>

we might want to make a barrier=* value for this, and can render the same as
barrier=hedge.

Natural=flowerbed seems to be a solution for this problem. I wonder how many
places have such a large area for flowers… I guess most a much smaller and
easily fit into natural=flowerbed. we can attach all the species= or whatever
to it.

The natural=flowerbed is a good distinction between decorative flowers and
crop=flowers or whatever that is for commercial flower production.

Javbw