On 15 December 2015 at 23:50, Frederik Ramm <frede...@remote.org> wrote:
> Why not stick to the simple facts and note that "leisure=swimming_pool
> is the more popular tag to use"? If you say "is discouraged" or "is
> recommended" the question is always, by whom and when did they make the
> decision to discourage it and did they even have a right to do so. If
> you just state the facts then you avoid this problem.

There has been a long tradition of this mailing list (and, before it
branched off, the talk mailing list) making recommendations on tagging
schemes, so I see no reason to suddenly question this. In this case
the recommended tag is the more popular tag, but there have also been
instances were a fewer used tag was recommended.

-- Matthijs