Sent: Friday, January 15, 2016 2:26 PM
To: Tag discussion, strategy and related tools
Subject: [Tagging] Please don't think name_1 tags are errors.

Hi, I've just reverted http://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/36573638
where the mapper thought that name_1 tags were typos. That user is on
a key typo fixing spree, which is a good thing in itself, even if
mistakes happen.

But I wonder if some people know about the iD editor behavior below,
and assume that a name_1 tag must have been created that way ? If so,
consider this email as a reminder that the _N suffix is used on
purpose by many people. As always, contact the mapper if unsure.