On 11 February 2016 at 09:53, Martin Koppenhoefer
<dieterdre...@gmail.com> wrote:
> can you back this up by some real examples? I also have thought about this
> and came to the conclusion that typically a museum would not sell parts of
> their collection as long as it fits within their concept (they might get
> stuff (e.g. by donation) that doesn't integrate with their collection and
> will sell these).

This is an example:
http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2011/09/museums_round_on_gouda_gallery/

A small local Dutch museum sold a painting to a private party, to
improve their financial situation. For doing so, they risk being
expelled from the Dutch federation of museums. I think that underlines
your point.

-- Matthijs