On 15/02/2016 11:35 AM, Matthijs Melissen wrote:
On 15 February 2016 at 01:29, Max <abonneme...@revolwear.com> wrote:
I see two reasons why it would make sense:

1. the word gallery alone seems to cause so much confusion because of
its ambiguity.
2. if we depreciate tourism=gallery and introduce
amenity=contemporary_art_gallery it would make it clear which tag is
old and should be carefully reevaluated or is a new one following the
new scheme.
What do others think of this point?

 To me a 'gallery' is a place that displays art .. not sells it. So

tourism=museum

museum=art

would be better.

I think the second issue is a bigger problem for shop=art, as this tag
is currently mainly used for galleries, and only sporadically for art
shops. Should we also invent a new tag?

I would think:

shop=art

sells=paintings;sculptures;oil_paint;brushes etc..

(sells can be used with any shop tag... yes, it is a new tag.)

-- Mattijs