The "store" can be factored out. It is about what they sell - what is
"hardware" against what is "stuff for DIY".

Looking at what you want to get out of a system, helps to determine what
you need to put in.

At the end of the day there are an infinite number of combinations of
what a shop might sell. It doesn't matter what examples are discussed
here,  there will always be anecdotal evidence that it is
wrong/incomplete. We are trying to reach consensus (I assume). If
everyone just says that the shop near them sells X or Y this just
emphasises how broad the spectrum of shops is. We are trying to model
reality, not recreate it. That necessarily means compromises and
simplifications. Talking about specific products like sinks is
irrelevant unless you happen to be looking for a sink or the sale of
sinks is essential to appropriately categorise the shop.

How about giving ourselves a frame of reference? What use cases are we
adressing? That might help to get the level of simplification right. I
can suggest "where is the nearest hardware store", "give me a list of
the hardware stores", "what kind of store is at this location".... Is
the "list of hardware stores" the same as the "list of DIY stores"? When
would a shop be included in one, but not the other?

//colin