On Sat, Feb 13, 2016 at 6:34 AM, johnw <jo...@mac.com> wrote:
> #1 ) as discussed, develop borad categories to classify stores (hardware/
> builder supply / DIY)
>
> #2 ) come up with descriptions for sections (usually what the isles would be
> named) for more detailed mapping. I assume for home stores and DIY with
> might be 100 different categories.
>
> The advantage of #1 is people can easily map regional assumptions onto the
> stores, but they broadly match each other. (both are a little different).

This approach could be used for supermarkets/convenience stores as
well. Supermarkets might sell different items in different countries,
or depending on their size or type (discounter vs. "regular').

There could be an extra tag on the section to indicate whether there
is personnel to assist you or where the personnel has to take/pack the
items for you. Some DYI offer a paint mixing service or a wood cutting
service. Supermarkets can have a butcher or people serving bread,
deli, etc.

regards