On maandag 15 augustus 2016 10:22:51 CEST, Georg Feddern wrote:
Am 14.08.2016 um 23:24 schrieb Stefan de Konink:
On zondag 14 augustus 2016 22:43:04 CEST, Marc Gemis wrote: ...

For the whole camping site?

No, like clearly shown in the screenshots the areas that give access to the pitches, not the pitches theirselves. Similar to highway=living_street.

but not when it rendered as paved road.

It is not rendered as _paved_ road, it is rendered as _road_ ("part of the world where mainly rolling traffic will occure").

Thus conceptually is an area that gives access, via a highway tag, a road?

A renderer could look at the surface tag to colour the area. No reason
to start inventing new values for the highway tag.
+1

I agree as well, which then brings us back to the original openstreetmap-carto issue I created: should this be rendered _suggesting_ that this is a paved area?

Given the current rendering it will not make a distinction between true roads and the living_street concept with surface grass.

https://cloud.githubusercontent.com/assets/502394/17645193/735d0f24-619e-11e6-8699-38010547266a.png

http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=19/51.73188/3.94637

--
Stefan