On Tue, Nov 22, 2016 at 8:33 AM, Tom Pfeifer <t.pfei...@computer.org> wrote:
> aeroway=helipad should be used only for built-up infrastructure, not for
> emergency places that have a different use normally.
>
> An emergency landing place is nothing but a predefined clear space, it could
> be a soccer pitch or a big lawn in a park in normal situations.

This is exactly right to my understanding and tagging. My
understanding and as I have mapped in the past a aeroway=helipad is
for a known built up permanent for the most part landing area. I
mapped a lot of these in Nepal.

> There is already "emergency=landing_site" defined and used 1800 times that
> seems to fit the purpose of Blake exactly?
>
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:emergency%3Dlanding_site

This does sound like exactly the right tag for what we are planning on mapping.