W dniu 08.01.2017 19:59, Marc Zoutendijk napisał(a):

They are not to be confused with a garden or a park, because those
usually have some sort of fence or wall around them, they can have a
name and they have an entrance.

This is also not that easy. I have problems with recognizing parks from gardens and green squares.

One of the proposals for this (mixed) type of landuse is
“municipality_green” or "municipality_vegetation", and before we
continue with its use, I would like to learn what kind of discussions
have been had before about tagging this kind of landuse.
I read various discussions on the German forum and started one in the
Dutch forum [2], but could not find anything recently in the tagging
archives. Anyone who knows (something) better?

I like your proposition, thanks for trying to solve it. In Poland we commonly use term "municipality green" ("zieleń miejska").

In some cases you can use quite popular draft landuse=flowerbed, which is a part of municipality green:

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:landuse%3Dflowerbed

--
"A dragon lives forever but not so little boys" [L. Lipton]