On Jan 10, 2017, at 5:49 AM, Warin <61sundow...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> The wiki page has been reverted. Stop trolling.
>>
>> tom
>
> Not trolling. Raising the discussion, waving the flag ... this tag is
> something I trip over every now and then and it really annoys me.

As a person who "raised the discussion" around here in the past, you can pretty
much say whatever you want - but doing unilateral changes to an established tag
is not accepted community behavior. Documenting an existing in-use tag by
creating a new page, fine - but changing the def to break such a well used tag
is not good etiquette.

Changing the tag to discourage use in favor of other tags (like landuse=farm
was depreciated) is also something people do -

But going and changing the wiki page unilaterally to break existing usage just
gets you a reverted wiki page and a scowl from members of the community. Which
is what just happened.

Hash it out here (where very little gets changed) instead of doing by yourself
(where your big change is reverted to nothing).

Your point about how a highway overrun being an overrun no matter the covering
is valid - but you are not going about it in a good way.