The main difference between the shop and highway example is that you
are stil listing a fixed number of properties of the road, unlike the
number of products.

There are a unlimited number of products sold via store. Furthermore
the brand, the price and packaging of those products might be
different, not to mention the exact specification of the product.
Furthermore there are one time offers as well as stock, availability
upon order, etc.

I wonder which problem you try to solve by adding some rough
categories of products that are available in the store beside the
common ones, locally understood under shop=x ?
Is it the "here is a list of items I want to buy, find me the least
number of shops I have to visit so I get the cheapest total price ?"

But what with the additional parameters: How detailed did I specify
the products (do I want a TV or model XYZ from brand ABC) ? I'm a
willing to buy a different brand of something to save x kms of travel
or euros. Do I need additional assistance to buy a piece of equipment
? Is the quality of the bread/meat/... higher in a certain store etc.
etc. Do I want fruit from local producers or is import from the other
side of the world ok ?

Is all this information included in the detail you mention ? Does this
information belong in OSM or some other database which can be linked
in one way or another with OSM ? Or is all of this needless as we will
all be buying all products via the internet within a couple of years ?

At this moment I fail to see which application can use the additional
data. I mean how would that application work in theory. What is the
input from the end-user, how is this translated to the data the
mappers provide etc, I'm not looking for a name like OsmAnd or maps.me
Do I really have to list the items I want to buy ? Isn't it easier to
have some idea of what the shops sells and say I need a bakery, a
butcher and a greengrocer ? Or bring me to supermarket ?

m.

m.