On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 12:16 PM, Joachim <nore...@freedom-x.de> wrote:

> Lorry drivers are usually required to remove ice and snow from their
> vehicles. as they pose a safety hazard when falling on the ground. In
> order to allow drivers to reach the roof, structures (e.g. made of
> scaffolding) have been erected along some major highways. They are
> called "Räumstation" in Germany.

I am not aware of any such stations in the US (but that doesn't mean they
don't exist).  We do have "Chain Up Stations" where trucks (lorries) are
required to put on tire chains[1]. I know they are not the same thing, but
I mention it here as they do have some characteristics in common (a
location where  trucks (lorries) can stop to take certain legally required
actions for safety reasons), and perhaps a similar tagging scheme could be
designed that would cover both, albeit with not the exact same values.  I
searched the wiki but didn't find anything for "chain up stations."

Mike
[1] e.g. https://www.codot.gov/travel/chain-up-stations