From: Paul Johnson <ba...@ursamundi.org>
Sent: February 16, 2017 9:20 AM
To: Tag discussion, strategy and related tools
Subject: Re: [Tagging] Center turning lanes: centre_turn_lane=yes method vs.
lanes:both_ways method

On Sun, Feb 12, 2017 at 4:43 PM, Albert Pundt
<roadsgu...@gmail.com<mailto:roadsgu...@gmail.com>> wrote:
To go along with my earlier question about "semi-divided" streets, what is
considered the best way to map center turning lanes? I know of the
centre_turn_lane=yes key, as well as lanes=3 used together with
lanes:both_ways=1 and turn:lanes:both_ways=left, but which of these two is
considered better or is simply used more? Additionally, are there any other
ways of doing it?

centre_turn_lane=yes seems more straightforward, but the lanes:both_ways method
offers a more detailed description of lane layout. I've seen both used in the
wild.

Try (assuming drive on right areas):

lanes=3
lanes:forward=1