Hi,

I have been informed by another mapper who uses XING (the German
LikedIn) that there is a new tag motorcycle_friendly=yes. [1]

Its wiki page says that the key has been proposed and accepted.
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:motorcycle_friendly
The proposal page can be found here:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/motorcycle_friendly

The RFC was announced on this mailing list on January 10, 2017.
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/2017-January/030844.html

If you have a slight look at the proposal box at the top of the proposal
page on the wiki, you will discover that the RFC phase was only one week
although the proposal "guideline" says [2]:
> At least two weeks after the RFC, and once problems brought up in
> discussion have been resolved by modifying the proposal, send out a
> Request for Voting to the tagging mailing list

In addition only the RFC was announced at this mailing list but the
voting has not been announced. Therefore it is no surprise that the
proposal was "accepted" by 13 users and only 3 users opposed.

I think that most of these users are friends of the user who proposes
the tag because they only have one edit at the wiki – their voting for
this proposal.

Because the proposal violated the guideline, I would like to
- remove the status "proposed" from its feature documentation page
- reset the status of the proposal to "RFC"
- to declare the voting as invalid by adding a note at the top of the
voting section
- add a note to the feature documentation page linking to this email and
explaining that the voting was invalid.

What is your opinion?

Best regards

Michael