I just took another look at several exits in Germany. As in the past I
found out that the OSM standard is to have the motorway_junction to the
link road before or at the legal point to transition. This is perfectly in
line with the motorway_junction page, which states: 'Add a highway
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:highway>=*motorway_junction* tag
at each node [image: Node]
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Elements#Node> along a highway with
named or numbered junctions where a driver can legally exit'.

So we already WIKIed a communis opinio