sent from a phone

> On 19 Mar 2017, at 07:39, Eugene Alvin Villar <sea...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> This goes back to the long unresolved question on whether addresses are: (1)
> features in themselves (so each address must be uniquely represented in OSM
> and never duplicated), or (2) simply attributes of other OSM features (so tag
> multiple objects with the same address if they have the same address).

IMHO they are both, properties of other features but can be features on their
own. Every address should exist just once, similar to how every route should
exist only once (e.g. motorway 1), but it doesn't mean there will be only one
object in osm with ref=M1 (e.g. if you add the ref to the ways which are part
of M1 rather than to a relation for both directions). If something only exists
once in the world does not mean we can't have several objects pointing to it.

Cheers,
Martin