> Let's say a store has three entrances: 2, 4 and 6 Main Street.  The store
> uses it's main entrance, 4 Main Street, as it's address.  Are you
> suggesting using the addr:housenumber key four times: a node at each
> entrance in addition to a tag on the store?

yes, either this, or I might add something like addr:housenumber=2;4;6 (or
2,4,6) to the store. I do this typically like the shop does it itself
(either one number or several). There's also the case that they say they're
at 33-39 but this actually reads as 33,35,37,39 (and not 34,36,38).

>  Now you've tagged 4 Main Street twice, even though there is only one 4
> Main Street.  Either tag the store or the entrance, not both.

There is one 4 Main Street, and there can be several features on this
address, and if I have to map addresses as nodes (because there is no area
for them) I will have to either repeat this address on every feature or
will have to create relations between the feature and the address (object).
That's why I started to ask here.

Cheers,
Martin